Soft Launch w/c 12th December 2011. Date to be announced.
The Common Room is in the former GP surgery in Fletcher Quad.
The Transdisciplinary Common Room provides a relaxed and congenial space for transdisciplinary conversations. Every day from 12pm-2pm there will be drop-in Brown Bag Sessions when we might watch and discuss a short TED or RSA video together, or just talk about issues of interest. Bring your sandwiches and enjoy an informal but stimulating lunch break. There will also be occasional afternoon or evening workshops and seminars, but most of the time the Common Room will simply be open for members to meet, chat, work, read or plan projects.
This academic year 2011-12 we will:
- · conduct an audit of transdisciplinary working at DMU
- · create an active network of transdisciplinary researchers, their external collaborators, and other stake-holders
- · offer a programme of events and activities, some organised in partnership with the RSA (Royal Society of Arts) and the LLEP (Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership).
- We also aim to produce at least one peer-reviewed journal paper and to help colleagues generate transdisciplinary funding applications.
Membership is free and open to all DMU staff members and nominated post-graduate students. Use your keycard to access. Guest memberships are also currently free and available to nominated representatives of the RSA, the LLEP, and the guests of DMU staff.
The Common Room is supported by sponsorship from Sleepydog media company and HEIF and managed by the cross-faculty Transdisciplinary Group Committee. External partners are the Leicester and Leicestershire Enterprise Partnership (LLEP) and the Royal Society of Arts (RSA).
- Dr Graham Basten (HLS) email@example.com
- Dr Kumba Jallow (B&L) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof Bob John (Tech) email@example.com
- Prof Martin Rieser (ADH/IOCT) firstname.lastname@example.org
- Prof Sue Thomas (ADH/IOCT) email@example.com